Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I voted for Elliot

I voted tonight for my Idol. He has the most talent. Gifted. Uncontested talent. Maybe not the best looking. But he can belt out a tune almost as good as Sinatra. Most likely, he will not win. The good guy never does. Right? Talent goes undiscovered. Such is life. Maybe parents should prepare their children for that reality sooner. Remind them that Hollywood is Hollywood. Movies are not realistic.

My baby girl is babbling now. She is forming language skills everyday. I growl at her like a dog. She's used to it by now. We are animals after all. I'm getting her ready for the grueling road ahead. If she gets picked up by a pack of wild dogs she will already speak the language. The wolves will give her a better life even. She will learn life skills. How to hunt. Make a shelter. Hide from predators. I will teach her human social skills. How to throw a ball. Click a mouse. Maybe I can instill in her that she is not as special as my generation was programmed to think. The ME generation.

Maybe I can teach her that she must find fulfillment and mental health outside of the television. Outside of Hollywood. Outside of what our society deems worthy, attractive, and talented. Maybe I can teach her that she is special and unique by her own self defined values? Maybe I can teach her to stand up straight, take a deep breathe and know that her own self worth is held by herself not by others?

That she can redefine herself daily. Also, if she is lucky I will teach her to hide from predators (as soon as I learn to myself), and click a mouse at the same time. Be the primitive modern. The walking paradox. Be the thinking, knowing opposite that is mankind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home