Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Soul of Apathy

Pour my soul into a bowl. Into a character of him. Of a reflection of myself. Driving to work hearing these atrocities. Being force fed these horrific events daily. May he find his way, Lord. May all of us find our way. May he wake up and realize that life is worth living. That he has something to give back. That his apathy is a disguise for his disappointment. Disappointment in a life that has not been validated. Not allowed him to be part of the village our ancestors took for
granted. We crawled out of our village and found the city not needing our specialty. For we had to compete for our specialty to eat now. There is a whole slew of us special folks. And some of them are homeless. So I am just happy to have a job now. Just happy to be able to take care of my family now. Just happy to be able to stare at my Television and not have to think about the genocides occurring in some far away land that I will never see now. Thank you for this gift of apathy. Thank you that I do not have to solve the worlds problems. That I can just think of me. Now.

I am aware. I am not aware. I am aware. I don't care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home