Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Mantra

Day over. Another. Again. Again. Do it again. Lifes circular rhythm. The alarm clock goes off. NPR is on the radio, muffled through clogged ears. Oh, I don't want to get up. I don't want to go to school. I don't want to go to work. I don't want to do this all over again. Again.

Hit the snooze button. One. Two. Three. Four. One hour passes. I knew. Knew it was going to be mundane. Again. Again. Again. Searching again. Searching for truth. Truth be heard. Truth be known. Tomorrow is another attempt of making the right choices. Of being what you know you can be. Of not letting yourself down. Of treating everyone like equals. Of treating everyone like friends. Through the connections we make on a daily basis, we can make this worth while, for a while. I think. I know... Brush your teeth. Get dressed. Start your car. Drive to work. An Emergency light is lit on the interstate. Traffic is slow, five miles to the JTB exit. NPR is droning on the radio. Another day. Another glorious day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home